OPERATION AND MAINTENANCE
OPERATION AND MAINTENANCE TOH BOILER
PERSONAL COMPETENCE REQUIREMENTS
1. Thermal oil heater is one type of heat transfer machine, must be operated under the direct supervision of a competent person who has taken the TOH operation training.
PREPARATION BEFORE OPERATING THERMAL OIL HEATER
2. The following procedure must be followed before turning on the thermal oil heater unit:
a. Read carefully the instructions for the operation of thermal oil heater in detail.
b. Check the TOH condition, see the working pressure and the maximum operating temperature permitted.
c. Check the TOH and the instruments installed to ensure that it can still be used under normal conditions.
d. Check the fuel system including the fuel tank and valve.
e. Clean the filter in the fuel hose and the oil filter (if needed).
f. Check if the oil level in the expansion tank is normal and all pipes are free from obstructions.
g. Check whether the electrical system is working properly.
h. Check whether the boiler room is clean and well-ventilated.
i. Check the availability of APAR.
PROCEDURE FOR THERMAL OIL HEATER WITH SOLAR OR GAS NAKAR MATERIALS
3. Before the burner is turned on, the combustion chamber must be completely clean to avoid explosions from the fuel collected in the combustion chamber. The cleaning process must be repeated every time the combustion starts.
4. The time needed to increase the temperature of the oil from the cold to the required operating temperature must follow the recommendation of the maker of thermal oil.
MONITORING DURING OPERATIONAL
5. The following observations must be made and monitored continuously when operating a thermal oil heater.
a. Pressure, temperature and oil flow.
b. Oil level at expansion tank.
c. Combustion conditions in the combustion chamber (for liquid and gas fuels).
d. Noise and shock on the line pipe caused by the presence of water in the pipe.
e. Temperature difference on the heater inlet and outlet.
f. Every leak in the pipe, level gauge, flanges, and seal on the circulation pump.
g. The condition of the circulation pump.
6. The following data must be read and always remembered.
ACCIDENT PREVENTION GENERALLY WHEN THERMAL OIL HEATER OPERATIONS
7. Operators must pay attention to the following points when operating a thermal oil heater:
a. Do not open the safety valve seal or try to calibrate the safety valve (if installed).
b. Don’t try setting a safety device such as cautout at high temperatures.
c. Do not operate the system at high temperatures and pressures beyond the permissible pressure and temperature.
d. Do not modify the Thermal Oil Heater except after obtaining approval from the manufacturer.
e. All automatic safety / security devices must be tested periodically as stipulated in the instruction manual to ensure that the device works in good condition at all times.
f. Thermal oil heater and supporting instruments must be maintained and maintained properly at all times. Overhaul work must be carried out by a reputable engineering company under the supervision of a Boiler Inspector.
PROSEDURE DEVOTES THERMAL OIL SYSTEM
8. Operators must pay attention to the following when shutting down / shutting down thermal oil heater:
a. After turning off the burner, the circulation pump must operate until the oil temperature is below 100 ° C.
b. Cooling is directed to the circulation pump, even if there is and should not be disturbed until the temperature of the pump has dropped during the time set by the maker of thermal oil.
c. It is also recommended to close the fuel valve and secure the power / electrical supply if the plant is closed for a long period of time.
9. To maintain the function of thermal oil to stay good, the following points must be considered:
a. Samples of thermal oil must be supervised by the boiler inspector, then taken to the laboratory for the purpose of analyzing periodic service routines. The results of the analysis specifications are stored and used as user references.
b. The reference book for thermal oil data must be kept carefully by the person responsible for taking notes with a date.
c. Periodic inspection of thermal oil heater must be done with safety aids and carried out periodically.
d. The safety unit in the TOH must be checked periodically:
1) Safety valve settings (if installed)
2) Low flow alarm (Low Flow)
3) Highest flow alarm (Hi Flow)
4) Alarms at maximum high temperatures allowed
5) Circulation pump / burner interlock
6) Low level alarm in the expansion tank
7) Alarm failed to burn
8) High temperature flue gas / exhaust gas alarm
GENERAL ERRORS ON THE OPERATION OF THERMAL OIL HEATER
10. Over pressure / excessive pressure
a. Blockage in the pipe
b. Valve main closed conditions
c. Error PRV circulation function (Pump Relieve Valve if present)
a. Check valve-valve and pipe
b. Check the relief valve
11. Low oil flow rate
a. Dirty filter
b. Pump performance has decreased
c. The main valve is deliberately turned off
a. Clean the filter
b. Check the rotation of the pump and the motor
c. Main check valve
12. High oil temperature
a. temperature control does not function properly
b. low flow rate / oil flow
c. calibration error on the temperature controller
a. check temperature control and calibrate with the thermometer accurately
b. check circulation pump
13. Low level in the expansion tank
a. Damage to the controller level
b. A system leak has occurred
a. Check level controller
b. Check for leaks in the whole system
14. Burner ignition fails
a. The filter is closed or there is water in the fuel
b. The fuel pump is broken
c. Burner damage
d. Flame detector / photo cell is damaged
a. Clean all filters and remove water from the system
b. Check fuel system and flame detector
15. Temperature of high exhaust gas
a. Leaks on coil pipes
b. The combustion chamber is dirty and there is fuel absorption
c. Error in fuel and air ratio (composition of fuel and air is not right)
d. Closed air filter
a. Clean the combustion chamber
b. Clean the air filter
c. Check for any leaks in the coil pipe
16. Differential pressure is not normal
The main cause is slow flow
a. Clean the filter
b. Check the speed of the pump and drive motor
c. Main check valve
17. Noise and vibration
a. There is gas / air or water in the oil system / pipe
b. Bad oil pipe
c. There is water in the pipe system
a. Dispose of the water content in the expansion tank
b. Check the air vents
c. Check the seal on the circulation pump
18. Important notes:
a. When the thermal oil is turned off due to abnormal conditions or because it is intentionally turned off, the circulation pump must be kept running for about 15 minutes or longer according to what was recommended by the maker of the thermaloil heater. All damage conditions must be repaired before thermal oil will be turned on again.
b. Before repairs to pressurized parts / parts, it must be carried out under the supervision of a boiler inspector or manufacturer.
c. The coil pipe in thermal oil must not be emptied as long as the condition of the thermal oil engine is still hot, because the possibility of a fire will tend to occur. Every hot work activity such as welding when repairs will cause a dangerous situation such as an explosion.
d. When the temperature of the hot oil has been lowered, parts of the engine can be isolated and emptied dry and then rinsed to prevent the formation of explosive mixtures. Inert gas can also be inserted into repaired parts during the hotwork process.